.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

end of the season in my garden.....

I love my front yard this year. It has finally come into its own and has become lovely, layered, textured and lush! I LOVE IT!!! If it looks this good this year at the end of the season, I can't wait to see how fab it will look next year.
The above is from my front steps-ish towards the walkway to the street and the pond area. the pond is between the two orange pots and behind the hakonechloa. I love the hostas in the foreground. Hostas are a great shade problem solver as it does not matter what varieties you plant together - they all look great. I love them en masse.

The above is the left side of my front steps - so much color from the coleus and the potato vine...of course the orange pots add to the mix!
This is the right side of my front steps...more fab color! It looks like this weekend will be the weather turning point here in PDX. By next weekend, I may be adding orange and black (super dark purple) violas with some dark purple kale to the pots for the fall/winter. That's the great thing about pots...they are so easy to change out. I always like to have a lovely grouping of pots at the front door. It really is the first impression your visitors have of your home - it should have a bit of WOW! ...it's not hard and it's not expensive. I am teaching a container gardening class in November for the Hardy Plant Society of Oregon...just in case you are interested in learning a new skill....
OK then.....enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!