.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WOW! I can't believe I found this snippet of an article in a local trade daily yesterday. It is about Marcel Wanders, Founder of Moooi - who I now realize most people don't know who he is. Being a huge fan of Dutch Design, this came as a total surprise to me...... so read on........

-------------------------------------------------

A collection of “romantic” home décor pieces by Netherlands designer

Marcel Wanders is set to roll out to Target stores in time for the holiday selling season.

Like Target’s other new 209 holiday collections by designers like Carlos Falchi for handbags and Anna Sheffield for jewelry as well as cosmetics from Jemma Kidd Napoleon Perdis, Petra Strand and Sonia Kashuk, the discount retail chain’s Marcel Wanders line encompasses giftable items priced at $25 or less.

Titled Marcel Wanders for Target, the new exclusive tabletop and home decor limited-edition collection portrays the designer’s whimsical style on the more than 40 decorative pieces, such as dinnerware, ceramic vases, pillar candles, stockings, ornaments and wrapping paper. Prices will range from $2.99 for place card holders to $39.99 for a tree skirt.

Also for the home categories, 1,719-unit Target has added holiday throw pillows, flannel sheets and cable-knit throws as well as festive table lines like chargers, napkins, placemats and candles – all priced to retail for less than $10.

Target said its holiday assortment of new electronics, toys and other items will be priced with the challenging economy in mind.


The Mondrian Hotel, Miami - Marcel Wanders

..and again, the Mondrian.

The Zeppelin Pendant, by Marcel Wanders....

OK.....Target? Really? Don't get me wrong, I love Target, I shop at Target, but I was kinda bummed when Tord Boontje and Thomas O'Brien did a line and now I am REALLY bummed. Is it just the money or is it really about the design? ..and what about the quality? What does that do to their "real" lines? Where is the exclusivity - or do they even want that anymore? I promise I am not trying to be sarcastic, this is a serious question. On the flip side, yahoo for target! What a coup! Marcel Wanders is the Founder of Moooi and I am sure whatever he does will be amazing. I am just really thinking out loud......I am sure I will head over Target the day after Thanksgiving to see what I can get my grubby little paws on for a good price.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!