.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Timber Press....new books at the shop....

Happy daylight savings time! Did you remember to set your clocks???? I am sooooo happy as this gives me an hour more of light to work out in the garden. I have to run into the shop this morning to arrange some of the new outdoor furniture we received yesterday, but then I can come home and plant some new succulent-ish stuff I have been finding at recent garden shows. I really need to get them planted before the 24th, when I leave for the San Francisco Garden Show - I am driving with a van - with the sole purpose of being able to fill it up with lots of plant goodies! YIPPEE!
Ok then.......
Timber Press is a local (NW) publishing house with lots of great gardening titles and it is high time to get some great gardening books! Here is what we got this week.......
My # 1 pick is:
Dear God this is a great book! So many great ideas and so many great plants! Run right out and get this one......it will make a great addition to your gardening library. I have barely put this book down since we got it!
Hardy Succulents is another great one for our area. Learn about which plants will work in our area without having to bring them in for the winter. Ad really, what is not to love about succulents?
Black Plants! YUM! This is a great book by Paul Bonnie who is the owner of Xera Plants a local grower of the coolest plants in our area! I love this book!!!!!
It might seem that Fearless Color is the opposite of Black Plants...but it is not so! How's about mixing black plants with super colorful ones? Every room (inside or out) needs a little black to anchor all the other color. This is a super great book by Keeyla Meadows who also incorporates art into the garden.......... such great ideas!!!!
Allrighty then.......please come visit us at the shop and take a peek at these great books..... the espresso is always on us......

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!