.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Petit Faucon Clematis

This is a clematis in my garden that was labeled as the "mystery clematis" two years ago at Joy Creek Nursery. It is the blue-ist blue, not really at all purple and looks totally different than any other clematis. The dams slugs have gotten the better of it this year so I think it might be history - which totally bums me out as I love it so much. However, I did go out to Joy Creek yesterday and they suggested that I give it some more slug bait and a few good doses of fertilizer - I use compost tea / worm compost and see what happens. After showing them the picture, they think that it is a crazy sport of Clematis integrifolia 'Petit Faucon'. That variety is usually not as open as my plant is and mine tend to curl back on itself which makes it appear to be even more star-shaped than the original. I sure hope i can get it back.....I would like to plant it with the other clematis that the slugs got to (but that I was able to get a replacement for) , Clematis texensis 'Gravetye Beauty'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!