.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

WHAT A CRAZY WEEK!!!

WHEW! Glad that is over....kind of over..... We had a bit of a flood thing happen at the shop this week and it is UGLY! It seems that the two toilets in the ladies restroom directly upstairs from the cash-wrap area of the shop burst and dripped down into the shop - buckets and buckets full! We have acoustical tile ceilings and they absorbed as much water as they could before they came crashing down, getting brown sewer water everywhere. And yes, it did damage a bunch of merchandise; fabric bolts, pillows, art, vases...my favorite Herman Miller cowhide architects stool...and on and on...



Then, the water caught hold of a beam and ran towards the front of the shop and dropped in there too...ruining everything in the front window...not to mention the walls and all the carpet - which acted like a sponge!!!

So since I have to replace the carpet, my mind is running like crazy....so I found a great roll.....I do love a great animal print...so perhaps leopard??? Pleas let me know what you think about this print......

YIKES - I have had enough...so THANK GOD for insurance - I am sure it will all work out, but it sure is a HUGE pain in my butt!

I wish I was not leaving tomorrow morning for the Las Vegas market so I could handle the problem, but I am so grateful for the help of my trusty assistant, the lovely Miss Arnica and my darling husband, Frenchy. This problem has definitely been a three person job.

As if that is not enough going on, we had our POP UP SALE this weekend - which was quite a success, I must say.......

Lastly, I have a staff member returning to school in the middle of September, so I am trying to fill a vacant position...HELP! If any of you know someone with great retail and customer service experience that can work EVERY Saturday and Sunday...please send them my way!

So I have just a few things on my plate, so it's time to buck up and put it back together!

Let's see...anything else? Nope..that is definitely enough for now......

So it is off to Las Vegas and to market.....look out for a full report of all kinds of cool new stuff!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!