.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am SOOOOOOOO out of here.........

I have to get to bed stat...I just finished working (THANK GOD!) and I have to get up at 3:30 to pack and head off to Spain, Morocco and Portugal. YIPPEEEEE!!!!! I am looking most forward to Morocco, having never been there...so exotic. We are staying at a lovely little Riad right inside the Medina walls called Riad Les 5 Soeurs..... I can't wait to have my first cup of traditional mint tea.


...and look out, I am going to do just a bit of shopping. My darling friend, the lovely Miss Pam of Ink and Peat had this great book in her shop.....Shopping in Marrakech by Susan Simon..... it will be my shopping bible for the week we are there......

So we fly into Madrid, stay a night, fly to Marrakech, stay 6 nights, fly back to Madrid, get a rental car (I cant believe that we got a cute little BMW 128 for $300 for the whole week! Ridiculous!) and we drive to Aveiro, Portugal (an hour-ish south of Porto) to visit my in laws, stay six nights, drive back to Madrid (6 hours), stay a night and fly back. WHEW!!!!!

OK then...I might be a little bit of a no show while I am gone...I might actually take the whole two weeks off (gasp!)...anyhoo...we will just see....
So, I am off.......to bed.......and a BIG thanks to Pam Maxon at All God's Creatures for being the best housesitter in the world....Stella won't miss us a bit!!!
See you in Marrakech!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff here! I like hearing your perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! And please take lots of pictures (of plants of course!!!)...

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!