.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

today at the flower market.......

So this morning the flower market was buzzing with activity..you know the week before Thanksgiving and all....and while I was gathering my things for the shop, I came across the craziest fruit tree I have ever seen. The image below is a citrus fruit (totally with the skin of a lemon) from a tree called Buddha's Hand - (Citrus medica var. sarcodactylis)

Here is a description I found online.....

"Fruit forms finger-like sections resembling a human hand. It is much esteemed for its delicate lemon fragrance in China and Japan. Fruit has virtually no pulp, but can be sliced and candied in syrup. It is extraordinary as an evergreen ornamental with multiple "hands" hanging from the branches. No frost tolerance."

CRAZY COOL!!!!!! Buddha's Hand Citrus......

So before the torrential rains started today, this was a perfect fall moment in the Irvington neighborhood......makes me want hot apple cider....

Have a great evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE MUSIC PLAY DURING YOUR VISIT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE STOP BUTTON ON THE PLAYLIST! ENJOY YOUR VISIT!